[Freeipa-users] ipa impressions and more questions

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 22:56:25 UTC 2008

HI All,

Thanks to to SImo Sorce for his time and help with getting ipa up and
running. Everything that I have been going through the docs works
good.

I just don't understand the what these service principals are. Now i
can understand a service principle for ssh. If we add a service
principle for ssh for a host, we allow ipa users to connect via ssh to
this host and auth. (would be great if it were more granual - as i
understand, this is for version 2).
But what is a service principle for DHCP, or snmp, or DNS???? how do those work?

Thanks in advance.

--

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko