[Freeipa-users] ipa impressions and more questions

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:16:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> wrote:
> Ideally we suggest you use kerberos for authentication, but you can use
> ldap too.

I asking, because I want to setup email servers with a unified user
database. Can kerberos return the email address of the user and/or
mailbox location?

This brings up another question that I was very interested in. Will
IPA's web interface support adding custom fields to a users
description/profile? for example: mailbox location and any other
things that could be used for any arbitrary app? Currently, I'm
planning on adding it directly to ldap. to the users that I will be
needing to have it.

>> btw, OT, but could anybody reccomend some app that could automate the
>> build process of rpms for i386 and x64? Its pretty tedious to do all
>> of it by hand. I could of course write a perl script to hack it, but
>> there probably is something that could do a better job....
>
> We use koji for fedora, probably something using mock can help.

Thanks!

>> Thanks for all of your help guys, with all this info, maybe I could
>> help collect it, write out my experiences (and your answers) to the
>> wiki to fill in the gaps in the howto part of the documentation?
>
> Sure, any contribution is welcome.

Ok, I'll prepare some docs.

Ivan