[Freeipa-users] IPA client support for Solaris in v2

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 15:54:59 UTC 2009

Marc Richards wrote:
> I know the v2 requirements doc for the IPA client mentions Solaris
> support, but I am curious as to what level of support is currently
> being planned/developed.  The v2 client design looks quite
> sophisticated compared to v1, how much of that will actually work on
> non-linux platforms?
>
> Do you plan on implementing the custom pam and nss modules on Solaris?
> What about the PolicyKit and InfoPipe daemons?
> DBus integration?
>
> I realize this is a non-trivial thing to do on the non-linux platforms
> (though it would be great if at least the PAM/NSS part worked), I just
> want to know what to expect since the docs aren't totally clear
>
> Marc

We are developing the client in a platform independent fashion on
Fedora/Red Hat Enterprise Linux first.
We will port it to Solaris and other platforms as the next step after.
So the whole set of services (PAM, NSS with caching HBAC etc) will be
available on Solaris too but down the road.
The client is modular and PolicyKit and InfoPipe integration will not be
available on the platforms that do not have these components.
The part of DBUS we use is has been ported to multiple platforms  so we
do not expect any significant issues there.

Sorry for delayed response.

Thanks
Dmitri

Thank you,