[Freeipa-users] Re: 389-ds and AD integration questions

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 18:38:38 UTC 2009

Prashanth Sundaram wrote:
> Thanks Dimitri,
>
> I was clarified about the setup yesterday. Looks like, I do not need
> Kerberos implemented for PAM Pass-through.
>
> Since IPA is to be a domain controller, is it necessary to implement
> Kerberos for server and clients? Since, I only need Unix hosts to talk to
> the DC?

I am sorry can you be a bit more specific and give a bigger picture.
It seems that you are going to configure UNIX/Linux clients to use IPA
as DC.
So who is going to provide auth for the users via pam?
Would it be configured to use ldap, kerberos or something else?
It is unclear from the description above.

It seems that you do not have a clear picture too.
So may be it would be simpler to start describing what you have,
what are the constraints and what is the goal you are trying to accomplish.
With this we can try to come with the best approach using tools we have.

> I mean can I separate the Kerb part from the IPA and just use it for
> password change on both sides?

Why? Can you explain the reasoning behind this?

Thank you
Dmitri

--
Thank you,