[Freeipa-users] Re: 389-ds and AD integration questions

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Wed Sep 23 14:28:40 UTC 2009

Thanks Dimitri,

I was clarified about the setup yesterday. Looks like, I do not need
Kerberos implemented for PAM Pass-through.

Since IPA is to be a domain controller, is it necessary to implement
Kerberos for server and clients? Since, I only need Unix hosts to talk to
the DC?

I mean can I separate the Kerb part from the IPA and just use it for
password change on both sides?