[Freeipa-users] Using already running dogtag-instance possible?

Oliver Burtchen o.burtchen at gmx.de
Fri Apr 9 23:29:40 UTC 2010

Hi Rob,

thanks for the answer. I know about the externel CA-Cert possibility of ipa-
server- install. But it does not what I want.

I did setup a dogtag ca and a fedora-ds (389). It would be nice, if freeipa
could just use them. I find it a little bit inconsitent that dogtag tries to be
a central service, and freeipa claims to be the same, setting up a new one.

BTW.: Freeipa setup tells me, that it should be the only 389-instance, and
exist gracefully. Well, my dogtag and bind setup with 389-backend works quiet
well, i just want freeipa to use them.

Is there a possibility to setup freeipa this way? Thanks for the all in one
setup, but it means I cannot run an other ldap (389) server(-instance) on a
machine where freeipa is running. Is this right?

Best regards,
Oli

--
Oliver Burtchen, Berlin