[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA_demonstration_tools CA creation error.

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Sun Dec 18 23:55:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Ondrej Hamada wrote:
> >>Nalin
> >Unfortunately no ipaserver-install.log was created on vm
> >(investigating why). I'm using freeipa-server-2.1.4.1. All the
> >packages on system are from actual updates-testing repository.
> >
> >I've updated the scripts to put whole ipaserver-install.log and
> >/var/log/messages into log file when installation crashes.
> >
> The missing logs problem is related just to the
> freeipa-server-2.1.4.1(from updates-testing). Logs are create
> correctly on recently built packages.
Is it on F15 or F16?
The issue of not creating ipa-server-install.log is due to use of
logging before initialization by one of components. That was fixed a
while ago but if you are saying we missed it in 2.1.4 build for
F15/F16, please file a bug and we'll work on backporting that change.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy