[Freeipa-users] Announcing FreeIPA v2 Server Release Candidate 2 Release

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 04:41:45 UTC 2011

Steven Jones wrote:

>> I think it is a mismatch between what we've stored as the hostname and
>> the hostname of the machine.
>>
>> Can you look at the output of these commands and see if the hostname is
>> the same between them all?
>>
>> $ ldapsearch -x -s one -b cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz dn
>> $ hostname
>> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network (there should be only one HOSTNAME)
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> rob
>

> So I un-installed and re-installed rc2, here is the output as requested,
>
> ===============
>
> [root at fed14-64-ipam001 /]# kinit admin
> Password for admin at IPA.AC.NZ:
> [root at fed14-64-ipam001 /]# ldapsearch -x -s one -b
> cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ac,dc=nz dn
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base<cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ac,dc=nz>  with scope oneLevel
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: dn
> #

Did you install with the same domain as before? Looks like it is now
ipa.ac.nz rather than just ac.nz, or maybe I misread it before. Can you
try again with dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz?

> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
>
> # numResponses: 1
> [root at fed14-64-ipam001 /]#
>
> fed14-64-ipam001
> NETWORKING=yes
> HOSTNAME=fed14-64-ipam001
> NTPSERVERARGS=iburst

The hostname is lacking a domain name, that may be what is confusing
things. As an test you might try setting hostname to be a fqdn and see
if things improve.

rob