[Freeipa-users] Unable to authenticate a client user against IPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 19:31:16 UTC 2011

On 03/03/2011 02:21 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> I appear to have IPA running, I have run the install client on a fed14
> KVM guest and that guest is in the IPA system, however the users in IPA
> cannot authenticate via IPA and get onto the client.  There appears to
> be traffic to port 389, so I assume its "almost" working....but I can
> find anything in logs to say whats wrong....not that I can determine
> what logs to check.....Ive been looking in /var/log so far....are there
> any other logs about?
>
> And/or where do I start looking to get this working?
>
> regards

Are you planning to use pam_ldap + nss_ldap or SSSD?
If SSSD have you installed SSSD packages first?

The pam and nss config files as well as SSSD config and SSSD logs if it
is in picture together with ipa-client-install logs would be a good
starting point to troubleshoot the issue.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,