[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon May 9 15:38:02 UTC 2011

On 05/09/2011 10:43 AM, nasir nasir wrote:
> Dimitri/Adam/Stephen,
>
> Thnks a lot for all the replies!
>
> This is a 64 bit machine. So I will try to install 32 bit and let you
> know the result.
>
> Also, I was trying to configure NFS service on the FreeIPA machine. I
> followed exactly as given in the deployment guide and tested with
> another *RHEL 6.1 client machine *with ipa-client installed on it.
> When I try to mount the nfs export I am getting the following error,
> *
> *
> *[root at abc Packages]# mount -v -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5
> openipa.cohort.org:/ /mnt*
> *mount.nfs4: timeout set for Mon May  9 17:36:14 2011*
> *mount.nfs4: trying text-based options
> 'sec=krb5,addr=192.168.1.240,clientaddr=192.168.1.125'*
> *mount.nfs4: mount(2): Permission denied*
> *mount.nfs4: access denied by server while mounting openipa.cohort.org:/*
> *[root at abc Packages]#*
>
> But when I try to remove the kerberos authentication (i.e without -o
> sec=krb5) it gets mounted without any problem. I googled a lot for
> this error and tried all the suggestions like adding allow_weak_crypto
> parameter in the krb5.conf file, checking host/DNS/Keytab entries etc.
> Still it does not work. When I give weak crypto entry and add some
> weak crypto like des-cbc-md5, server rejects and says that it is not
> supported. My /etc/export file and all the necessary commands are copy
> pasted from the deployment guide with only the necessary modifications
> to suite my values.
>
> Please suggest me what to do.

Start off by checking the kerberos logs on both the server and client
machines.

in /var/log/  krb5kdc.log   kadmind.log  secure

I'm not a a Kerberos Guru...bear that in mind

Make sure the clocks are in sync.  Always worth doing .  Kind of the
Kerberos equivalent of "Make sure the network cable is actually plugged in"

The KDC needs to know about the NFS service in order to grant a ticket.
Confirm that you can request an nfs ticket for your user and client for
the given server.

On the IPA server side, you have to create a service entry for your NFS
server.  Your NFS server needs to know to talk to the IPA Kerberos
instance.  This is a likely suspect, based on the error message.

Make sure you can kinit and do simple IPA type things on the machine you
are doing a NFS mount on.  Being able to use the IPA Kerberos ticket to
ssh from the nfs client machine to the NFS server machine would be a
good validation that the entire problem is just in the NFS configuration.