[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

nasir nasir kollathodi at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 16:37:33 UTC 2011

Thanks again!
Two issues,
1) I had already tried everything you had mentioned in your mail.
   -- Times are perfectly in sync across the network.   -- I can ssh using IPA users from the client machine also.   -- I can mount NFS partition on client machine when NOT using -o sec=krb5 option
So it seems to be some issue with kerberos integration of NFS(or some misconfiguration from my side). I had checked all the log files, nothing useful. I had even enabled debug option in /etc/krb5.conf file (severity = DEBUG). Still it is not giving any log at all when I am executing the mount command. But it is giving the sequences of kerberos commands while giving commands like kadmin(AS_REQ, TGS_REQ etc)
Here is my /etc/export file,
/export  *(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check)/export  gss/krb5(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check)/export  gss/krb5i(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check)/export  gss/krb5p(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check)
2) Regarding the kubuntu client, I tried with a 32 bit machine and it is still the same. But I did notice that the python version in kubuntu is 2.7 and that of RHEL I have tried is with 2.6. Could it be due to this ? if so,  I can try with an earlier version of kubuntu with python 2.6 and update you on this.

Thanks a lot and regards,Nasir