[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue May 17 02:11:48 UTC 2011

Lets try to isolate it a little further.  If you log in to that machine
as root, and then do su - nasir, does it let you create the directory or
give you the same error?  I'm guessing it is ssh that is complaining
here.  If the mount point is set up correctly, you should be able to
crete and chown the /home/nasir directory, either via odd job, or just
test it as root.

What I am guessing is happening here is that ssh is not triggereing the
odd job creation of the home directory.  Either that, or this particular
IPA client was run without the switch to create the home-dir.  If
Automount is commented out, does the /home/nasir directory get created
on the local disk?