[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

nasir nasir kollathodi at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 02:49:21 UTC 2011

Thanks again!  To answer your queries,
    -- I get the same error for su - nasir    -- I don't think ssh is not creating oddjobd ; see the error in the trailing mail which I am getting in the konsole while trying to login. It does try to create home folder    -- The client IPA machine was created with --mkhomedir switch. Also, I can see pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.so entry in the system-auth and password-auth files of pam(But not in ssh file, though I manually tried once to insert in ssh file and then it was trying to create the home folder twice while SSHing !!).    -- As I said in previous mail, Pre-created directories get autmounted and setup correctly when I try to login to NFS server(cohort.org.hugyat) but NOT to other machines.    -- When autofs is disabled, directories get created successfully in the local hard disk on all the machines configured with --mkhomedir switch
Any clue ?
Thanks and regards,
Nidal

    Lets try to isolate it a little further.  If you log in to that
    machine as root, and then do su - nasir, does it let you create the
    directory or give you the same error?  I'm guessing it is ssh that
    is complaining here.  If the mount point is set up correctly, you
    should be able to crete and chown the /home/nasir directory, either
    via odd job, or just test it as root.

    What I am guessing is happening here is that ssh is not triggereing
    the odd job creation of the home directory.  Either that, or this
    particular IPA client was run without the switch to create the
    home-dir.  If Automount is commented out, does the /home/nasir
    directory get created on the local disk?