[Freeipa-users] Delete host: Unable to communicate with CMS (Not Found)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 16:35:37 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 11:25 AM, Adam Young wrote:
>> To summarise, the errors are:
>> SEVERE: Error initializing socket factory
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mozilla.jss.ssl.SSLSocket
>> SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-9443]]
>> java.io.IOException: Failed to access resource /WEB-INF/lib/osutil.jar
>>
>> I'd guess that this means I'm missing a package? I'm having trouble
>> figuring out which one contains the code I'm missing. Maybe I need to
>> reinstall one?

> Is this on F16? It might be that the package is there but not being
> picked up.
>
> JSS and osutils are a JNI packages, and you should find them in
> /usr/lib64/java/jss4.jar and osutil.jar, but they might end up in
> /usr/lib/java/jss4.jar and osutil,jar

My guess is this is due to the fact these jars changed their location.
The symlinks to the jars are established by pkicreate. We have a bug
open to enchance pkicreate (or add a new tool) which will adjust the
links after an upgrade (sorry don't recall the bz number off the top of
my head, could did it up if necessary).

You can cd to /var/lib/pki-ca

and do an ls -l on

common/lib

and

webapps/ca/WEB-INF/lib/

and inspect the symbolic links to see if any are dangling. If so adjust
the link to point to it's new location.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?