[Freeipa-users] Delete host: Unable to communicate with CMS (Not Found)

Dan Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:46:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:35, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 11:25 AM, Adam Young wrote:
>>>
>>> To summarise, the errors are:
>>> SEVERE: Error initializing socket factory
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mozilla.jss.ssl.SSLSocket
>>> SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-9443]]
>>> java.io.IOException: Failed to access resource /WEB-INF/lib/osutil.jar
>>>
>>> I'd guess that this means I'm missing a package? I'm having trouble
>>> figuring out which one contains the code I'm missing. Maybe I need to
>>> reinstall one?
>
>> Is this on F16? It might be that the package is there but not being
>> picked up.
>>
>> JSS and osutils are a JNI packages, and you should find them in
>> /usr/lib64/java/jss4.jar and osutil.jar, but they might end up in
>> /usr/lib/java/jss4.jar and osutil,jar
>
> My guess is this is due to the fact these jars changed their location. The
> symlinks to the jars are established by pkicreate. We have a bug open to
> enchance pkicreate (or add a new tool) which will adjust the links after an
> upgrade (sorry don't recall the bz number off the top of my head, could did
> it up if necessary).
>
> You can cd to /var/lib/pki-ca
>
> and do an ls -l on
>
> common/lib
>
> and
>
> webapps/ca/WEB-INF/lib/
>
> and inspect the symbolic links to see if any are dangling. If so adjust the
> link to point to it's new location.

Success!

Thanks so much.

/var/lib/pki-ca/common/lib/jss4.jar
/var/lib/pki-ca/webapps/ca/WEB-INF/lib/osutil.jar
/var/lib/pki-ca/webapps/ca/WEB-INF/lib/symkey.jar

Were all broken, pointing into /usr/lib/. Changing them to link to
/usr/lib64 allowed pki to start properly and I can make changes to the
host entry.

It sounds like you have a fix for this in progress, or do I need to file a bug?

Thanks,

Dan