[Freeipa-users] multiple domains/realms?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 14:03:35 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 03:23 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have multiple domains her but I want to use one user/group etc.
> database. How can I do it? Options:
> 1. Different realm for each domain, but how to share the user/group
> etc infos betwen different ipa servers?
> 2. One realm for al domains. Possible? (it is possible to change the
> realm after install/config?)
> 3. ?
>
> Does someone have experience with multiple domains and ipa and can
> give some tips?
> TiA

IPA currently supports just a single domain.
Can you please provide more information about what you are trying to
accomplish?
If you want to have same user/group name space across multiple realms
then why do you need multiple realms?
You can have one realm and many replicas that serve many offices if this
is the use case you are trying to solve.

Thanks
Dmitri

> MfG
> Christoph Kaminski
>

> www.biotronik.com <http://www.biotronik.com>
>
> BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG
> Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501
>
> Vertreten durch ihre Komplementärin:
> BIOTRONIK MT SE
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 118866 B
> Geschäftsführende Direktoren: Christoph Böhmer, Dr. Werner Braun, Dr.
> Lothar Krings, Dr. Torsten Wolf
>
> *BIOTRONIK* - A global manufacturer of advanced Cardiac Rhythm
> Management systems and Vascular Intervention devices. Quality,
> innovation, and reliability define BIOTRONIK and our growing success.
> We are innovators of technologies like the first wireless remote
> monitoring system - Home Monitoring®, Closed Loop Stimulation and
> coveted lead solutions as well as state-of-the-art stents, balloons
> and guide wires for coronary and peripheral indications. We highly
> invest in the development of drug eluting devices and are leading the
> industry with our drug eluting absorbable metal scaffold program.
>
> This e-mail and the information it contains including attachments are
> confidential and meant only for use by the intended recipient(s);
> disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not
> addressed, but in the possession of this e-mail, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete the document.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
Red Hat Inc.