[Freeipa-users] Problem: How to download the keytab from IPA without resetting/regenerating a new one??

David Copperfield cao2dan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 02:58:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

 Just have a silly case where I've to download the existing version keytab for a service principal. It is download only -- not recreate a new version and download the new version which ipa-getkeytab does. -- ipa-getkeytab command name seems a little bit misleading because it does both 'set' and 'get' operations.

 I've overheard that there is way to get it from underlying 389 directory server but not sure how to do it. Any one please shed a light on this? Similarly, how to download a host certificate form Dogtag because 'ipa-getcert request' also resetting it -- I may be wrong and so please feel free to correct me :);  or how about a user principal's keytab from 389 too? Thanks a lot.

--David