[Freeipa-users] IPA 2.2 Windows 2008R2 sync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 15:59:25 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 09:50 AM, Baptiste AGASSE wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i've a problem with winsync between ipa 2.2 on centos 6.3 and Active
>>> directory 2008R2.
>>>
>>> I'm following this documentation to enable synchronization:
>>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/Setting_up_Active_Directory.html
>> There is nothing on this page about running certutil? Which link talks
>> about certutil?
> Links present in the documentation talk about commands and options for certutil but i don't see anything about this error.
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/managing-sync-agmt.html

Can one of the IPA developers explain why it is necessary to install the
IPA CA certificate into the Windows Cert Store in order to get
Winsync/PassSync working?  I don't believe it is necessary.

For now, just skip steps 1 and 2 under 8.4.1. Trusting the Active
Directory and IPA CA Certificates