[Freeipa-users] IPA 2.2 Windows 2008R2 sync

Baptiste AGASSE baptiste.agasse at lyra-network.com
Mon Aug 6 08:28:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

> >> There is nothing on this page about running certutil? Which link
> >> talks
> >> about certutil?
> > Links present in the documentation talk about commands and options
> > for certutil but i don't see anything about this error.
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/managing-sync-agmt.html
>

> Can one of the IPA developers explain why it is necessary to install
> the
> IPA CA certificate into the Windows Cert Store in order to get
> Winsync/PassSync working? I don't believe it is necessary.
>
> For now, just skip steps 1 and 2 under 8.4.1. Trusting the Active
> Directory and IPA CA Certificates

- I trusted IPA certificate on AD.
To do this, i've launched mmc and added "Certificate" component for "local computer", and then added IPA cert to Trusted root CA.

Now when i run "openssl s_client -host ad-server.example.com -port 636" i can see IPA certificate as Trusted client CA.

- I tested AD ldap connection:
LDAPTLS_CACERTDIR=/etc/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-LOCAL ldapsearch -xLLL -H ldap://ad-server.example.com -ZZ -D "cn=ipasync,cn=users,dc=example,dc=com" -w XXXXX -s base -b "" 'objectclass=*' namingcontexts
dn:
namingContexts: DC=example,DC=com
namingContexts: CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com
namingContexts: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com
namingContexts: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=example,DC=com
namingContexts: DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=example,DC=com

- Now i fall on another problem, when i run:

ipa-replica-manage connect --winsync --binddn cn=ipasync,cn=users,dc=example,dc=com --bindpw XXXXX --passsync XXXXX --cacert /etc/openldap/cacerts/ad-ca.crt ad-server.example.com -v
Directory Manager password:

Added CA certificate /etc/openldap/cacerts/ad-ca.crt to certificate database for ipa.foo.example.local
ipa: INFO: AD Suffix is: DC=example,DC=com
The user for the Windows PassSync service is uid=passsync,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com
Windows PassSync entry exists, not resetting password
ipa: INFO: Added new sync agreement, waiting for it to become ready . . .
ipa: INFO: Replication Update in progress: FALSE: status: -11  - System error: start: 0: end: 0
ipa: INFO: Agreement is ready, starting replication . . .
Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
[ipa.foo.example.local] reports: Update failed! Status: [-11  - System error]
Failed to start replication