[Freeipa-users] need FC17 autofs + FreeIPA pointers

bin.echo at gmail.com bin.echo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:09:05 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I can't figure out how to set up a FreeIPA based autofs from the docs
at http://docs.fedoraproject.org. The docs are pretty terse and don't
explain at all how the automount maps find thier way into LDAP or
precisly how it is a working (NON-FreeIPA) autofs setup gets converted
to LDAP based.  I don't understand how an /etc/ auto.master based
autofs is suppsed to convert to LDAP based on the instructions
provided.  There seems to be an entire setup step left undefined.

I sort of understand that the info that would typically reside in
"/etc/auto.home" will ultimately be provided by LDAP once everything
is set up. I'm just unclear on how to get there based on all the info
I can find via Google. Just how is it I need to push the required info
into LDAP? How are the automount maps managed once everything is LDAP
based?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. A mini-howto from start to
finish (start being NO autofs, finish being autofs + FreeIPA based
automounts)  would be even better.

Thanks!
-Aaron