[Freeipa-users] Managing Sudo through FreeIPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 16:25:57 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 08:33 AM, James Hogarth wrote:

>     Hi, caching capabilities were not optimal in the tech preview, but
>     it was fully functional (or at least should be, I don't think
>     anyone really tried it in production), unless sssd is configured
>     with multiple domains.
>

> I looked at the 6.3 technical notes for  sudo, sssd and ipa but
> couldn't see any reference to sudo support in IPA/SSSD natively (as
> opposed to LDAP integration) ... the Identity Management guide still
> refers to the old nslcd.conf file and not sudo-ldap.conf neveremind
> native integration...

Yes this is a known bug in the documentation.

> Do you have any details on how to go about testing this?

The native integration in SSSD was a tech preview in 6.3 and was pretty
much broken.
If you are interested in SSSD+SUDO integration please see SSSD 1.9
It seems that the feature is not yet documented in the formal doc set.
You can try sssd man pages.
http://jhrozek.fedorapeople.org/sssd/1.9.3/man/sssd-sudo.5.html

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal