[Freeipa-users] Managing Sudo through FreeIPA

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 16:50:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:25:57AM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> The native integration in SSSD was a tech preview in 6.3 and was pretty
> much broken.

It wasn't a TP in 6.3 because the sudo 1.8 package wasn't in 6.3 all.

It was rewritten after F-17, because its cache update mechanism was extremely
inefficient, but I wouldn't call it "broken". The code worked, just slow.

> If you are interested in SSSD+SUDO integration please see SSSD 1.9
> It seems that the feature is not yet documented in the formal doc set.
> You can try sssd man pages.
> http://jhrozek.fedorapeople.org/sssd/1.9.3/man/sssd-sudo.5.html

There are still couple of known bugs (see
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/report/3 and search for sudo, for
instance), but in general the feature is working now.