[Freeipa-users] consulting?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 22:00:47 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 02:51 PM, Jimmy wrote:
> The cert I'm using both in the sync agreement and in the openssl
> command has the serial
> number: 68:10:1c:98:3b:5c:e7:8d:43:ec:e3:e7:6a:e7:de:27
> (AD-server-cert.cer.) The serial number that shows in the pcap coming
> from AD in both instances is 61:13:fd:30:00:00:00:00:00:04 (line 196
> in the fpaste)
61:13:fd:30:00:00:00:00:00:04 looks like the AD server cert, not the AD
CA cert:

193.     Certificate (id-at-commonName=xxx-ad.xxxad.xxx.xxx)

the one at line 217 looks like the AD CA cert, but unfortunately the
serial number nor any other identifying information is in the pcap output
217.     Distinguished Name:
(id-at-commonName=xxxad-XXX-AD-CA,dc=xxxad,dc=xxx,dc=xxx)
which corresponds to this from the s_client output:

51.     Acceptable client certificate CA names
52.     /DC=xxx/DC=xxx/DC=xxxad/CN=xxxad-xxx-AD-CA

You can use openssl s_client -connect  xxx-ad.xxx.xxx:636 -showcerts
-CAfile /home/winsync/AD-server-cert.cer

which will show the contents of all of the certs, not just the AD server
cert

> OpenSSL command: openssl s_client -connect  xxx-ad.xxx.xxx:636 -CAfile
> /home/winsync/AD-server-cert.cer
> OpenSSL output- http://fpaste.org/Zx5N/
>
> Both the output of openssl and the pcap of the openssl session look
> successful here.
What about the ldapsearch commands?