[Freeipa-users] is not an IPA v2 Server.

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 17:28:46 UTC 2012

george he wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> Yes, I did the configuration earlier today. And I did kinit too.
> It seems the web UI loads really slowly - the circular thing can turn
> for minutes. So maybe I wasn't patient enough to let the page load.

A fair bit of javascript is loaded the very first time you visit IPA,
that can be slow. Otherwise it should be relatively quick. Not minutes
anyway.

> I can ssh to the server and the client from my home, so I don't think
> there's another firewall blocking the connection.

Different ports and that isn't the client talking to the server, it is
you talking to the client and to the server. This is definitely some
sort of networking problem, though "no route to host" is rather odd
since you can ping. You might also look at the iptables configuration on
the client.

rob