[Freeipa-users] replica installation clean up

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 20:23:50 UTC 2012

george he wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I didn't get any reply on this, I just went ahead and did
> /ipa-server-install --uninstall
> to clean up and did
> ipa-replica-manage del myreplica --force
> on mymaster
> After these I did ipa-replica-install again but this time I get
>
> ipa : CRITICAL Failed to load replica-s4u2proxy.ldif: Command
> '/usr/bin/ldapmodify -h myreplica -v -f /tmp/tmpExxi0H -x -D
> cn=Directory Manager -y /tmp/tmpa12oUA' returned non-zero exit status 1
>
> Any suggestions on this?

It depends on why it failed. When there is an installation error I
recommend you start by looking at /var/log/ipa-server-install.log or
/var/log/ipareplica-install.log as needed.

This error would suggest that something was not removed from LDAP when
the last replica was deleted. This may ok. You'll need to use ldapsearch
to verify that cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,$SUFFIX and
dn: cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,$SUFFIX has a
memberPrincipal for the service principal of your replica.

something like:

ldapsearch -LLL -x -b cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=example,d=com

rob