[Freeipa-users] compat plug-in and replication

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:54:20 UTC 2012

I've seen mention about the compat plug-in causing issues with
replication. In my 2.1.4 installation I notice that the plug-in is
turned on by default. Is compat only required for those supporting NIS
or does it serve another purpose. As I don't use NIS, I'm just
wondering if it's safe to turn off.

I'm also wondering about replication support in Redhat versions vs
Fedora. Earlier I saw mention that the replication feature in the
Redhat version was going to be made available through a separate
channel. Then later conversation led me to believe that this had been
changed. Is this still the case?

Steve