[Freeipa-users] Stale NFS file handle

george he george_he7 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 18:26:15 UTC 2012

Hello,
My ipa server and my nfs server are the same machine running centos 6.3.
The server was accidentally down and rebooted.
But then I got "authentication failsure" on some clients when tried to log on through gdm, and blue screen (no desktop, no panels) on some others.
On some clients that I was on before the server was downthe, I got "Stale NFS file handle".
Yet on some other clients, everything is fine. All clients are running centos 6.3, too.

Is there a way (e.g. restarting some services) to get the above problems away instead of rebooting the clients?

Thanks,
George