[Freeipa-users] Stale NFS file handle

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:43:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM, george he <george_he7 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> My ipa server and my nfs server are the same machine running centos 6.3.

try to separate those roles if you can. You can use vm's, it'll work great.

> The server was accidentally down and rebooted.
> But then I got "authentication failsure" on some clients when tried to log
> on through gdm, and blue screen (no desktop, no panels) on some others.
> On some clients that I was on before the server was downthe, I got "Stale
> NFS file handle".
> Yet on some other clients, everything is fine. All clients are running
> centos 6.3, too.
> Is there a way (e.g. restarting some services) to get the above problems
> away instead of rebooting the clients?

you could try umounting the stale mount points in the clients with the -l
switch (lazy). It works most of the time, sometimes rebooting or resetting
is necessary. Do not change dir to the mount point because then your client
will not respond :-)

--
natxo