[Freeipa-users] Mountain Lion GUI Login

Davis Goodman davis.goodman at digital-district.ca
Wed Aug 7 14:01:48 UTC 2013

Hi Brian, Lynn,

As far as Linux client, this is not my issue for now, I believe the Linux setup is quite straight forward and the password change at first login seems to work without an issue.

My main concern is on Mountain Lion 10.8.x,

At this point I've managed to bind the OSX machine to the IPA server without any issue following this guide:

http://linsec.ca/Using_FreeIPA_for_User_Authentication#Mac_OS_X_10.7.2F10.8

I also have all the autmounts configured via LDAP using this: https://ssl.apple.com/business/docs/Autofs.pdf on page 16.

My main issue right now seems to be at the GUI login. The applet shows up for password change but doesn't seem to do anything. When I press continue the applet comes back and this goes in a loop until I hit "Cancel".

My IPA versions are as follows:
ipa-admintools.x86_64                    3.0.0-26.el6_4.4
ipa-client.x86_64                        3.0.0-26.el6_4.4
ipa-gothic-fonts.noarch                  003.02-4.2.el6
ipa-mincho-fonts.noarch                  003.02-3.1.el6
ipa-pgothic-fonts.noarch                 003.02-4.1.el6
ipa-pmincho-fonts.noarch                 003.02-3.1.el6
ipa-python.x86_64                        3.0.0-26.el6_4.4
ipa-server.x86_64                        3.0.0-26.el6_4.4
ipa-server-selinux.x86_64                3.0.0-26.el6_4.4
ipa-server-trust-ad.x86_64               3.0.0-26.el6_4.4

As mentioned in my first post, if I make the password change at the terminal prompt, I am then able to login without a password change prompt.

Not sure if I'll be able to go through this issue unless someone as already experienced this.

Davis

--

Davis Goodman
Directeur Informatique  |  IT Manager

5605 Avenue de Gaspé, Suite 408  |  Montréal, QC H2T 2A4
Tél: +1 (514) 360-3253 x104            Cell: +1 (514) 994-7360