[Freeipa-users] Mountain Lion GUI Login

Brian Lee brian_lee1 at jabil.com
Wed Aug 7 13:29:29 UTC 2013

Hi Lynn,

I just checked this in my lab setup:

- Set up a new user on the FreeIPA server as 'ipatest'.

- Logged in to a Linux client configured for FreeIPA, it prompted me to
change my password.

- Successfully changed my password for ipatest. Verified this on another
machine.

- Furthermore, I reset the "Password Policy" min lifetime to 0 and typed
passwd on one of the ipa clients while logged in as ipatest. This worked
without issue.

I also have FreeIPA set up in the lab with a domain trust to a 2008 R2 AD
server, so I checked to see if the results would be the same.

- Logged in to FreeIPA client machine as the AD user.

- Typed passwd, and successfully reset my password. Verified the change in
Windows as well as another IPA client.

All Linux systems in this test are running CentOS 6.4 x86_64
FreeIPA server is running ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
FreeIPA clients are running ipa-client-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
AD Server is running Windows 2008 R2

This won't necessarily help with the OS X problem, but maybe it assists
with how it's working on Linux.

Thanks,
Brian