[Freeipa-users] Scorched earth

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Wed Aug 28 12:18:28 UTC 2013

Today, I'm going to wipe my master, install f18 from scratch, then install
the freeipa-server RPMs again and manually load all our hosts, dns entries,
and users from scratch (I'm building scripts to do this for me using the
command line tools). We'll then do the same for each replica so that our
system will basically be starting clean again.

Are there any files that I really ought to back up and restore as part of
this effort, like certificates, that might make it easier for clients to
deal with us after the master comes back on line? Or am I safe to just nuke
the box and start clean?

*
*
*Bret Wortman*