[Freeipa-users] Announcing FreeOTP for Android

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 20:47:02 UTC 2013

I’d like to announce the general availability of FreeOTP for Android. It
is available for install now in the Google Play store[1].

FreeOTP is a multi-factor authentication client based on the HOTP and
TOTP standards. FreeOTP features:

* A FLOSS code base
* Support for HOTP or TOTP
* Native QR code scanning
* Adherence to the Android UI design principles
* Tablet support

We anticipate that FreeOTP should work with any server providing HOTP or
TOTP support, including the upcoming OTP support[2] in FreeIPA.

So, if you fancy a bit of adventure, please try FreeOTP! We welcome your
feedback. Please also don’t forget to leave your positive reviews on
Google Play so that it will be easier for other Android users to find
out about FreeOTP.

We have also developed FreeOTP for iOS and are currently working to
bring it to the Apple App Store. Please stay tuned for future news!

The FreeOTP project is hosted on Fedora Hosted[3]. We welcome your
feedback and contributions.

[1]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fedorahosted.freeotp

[2] http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/OTP