[Freeipa-users] NSPR Error -8015

Andrea Bontempi abontempi at dbmsrl.com
Thu Dec 12 15:01:40 UTC 2013

Hi

I have a strange error on one FreeIPA client (on my other client doesn't occur) when i try to call the FreeIPA admin tools (example: ipa ping)

On the CLI the error prints:

> ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to u'https://myipaserver/ipa/xml': [Errno -8015] error (-8015) unknown

The client working perfectly in the FreeIPA network, it's only a problem of CLI command.

I try to connect through the python API, and i obtain this traceback:

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 435, in __cal
>l__
>    ret = self.run(*args, **options)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 748, in run
>    return self.forward(*args, **options)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 769, in forwa
>rd
>    return self.Backend.xmlclient.forward(self.name, *args, **kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/rpc.py", line 743, in forward
>    raise NetworkError(uri=server, error=str(e))
>NetworkError: cannot connect to u'https://myipaserver/ipa/xml': [
>Errno -8015] error (-8015) unknown

On the line 743 we found:

> except NSPRError, e:
>    raise NetworkError(uri=server, error=str(e))

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Andrea Bontempi