[Freeipa-users] Replica master in strange state -- how to resolve?

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Mon Dec 16 15:40:47 UTC 2013

I had a replica that was completely failing to respond to its clients,
so I removed it by first running "ipa-replica-manage del" on the replica
master, then "ipa-server-install -U --uninstall" on the replica. I
regenereated the replica file and, upon trying to re-initialize the
replica, received this error:

:
The host fsipa.spx.net already exists on the master server.
You should remove it before proceeding:
     % ipa host-del fsipa.damascusgrp.com
[root at fsipa ~]#

On the master:

[root at ipamaster ~]# ipa host-del fsipa.damascusgrp.com
ipa: ERROR: invalid 'hostname': An IPA master host cannot be deleted or
disabled
[root at ipamaster ~]# ipa host-show fsipa.damascusgrp.com
   Host name: fsipa.damascusgrp.com
   Principal name: host/fsipa.damascusgrp.com at DAMASCUSGRP.COM
   Password: False
   Keytab: True
   Managed by: fsipa.damascusgrp.com
   SSH public key fingerprint: ...
   :
[root at ipamaster ~]# ipa-replica-manage del fsipa.damascusgrp.com
'ipamaster.damascusgrp.com' has no replication agreement for
'fsipa.damascusgrp.com'
[root at ipamaster ~]#

What's the right way to clean this up without making the situation worse?

--
*Bret Wortman*

http://damascusgrp.com/
http://about.me/wortmanbret