[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install 2.58 client incompatible with 2.49 server

Will Sheldon mail at willsheldon.com
Fri Dec 27 17:50:16 UTC 2013

Hello :)

I'm trying to setup a ubuntu 12.04.3 client running freeipa-client
3.2.0-0ubuntu1~precise1 form the apt repo at
http://ppa.launchpad.net/freeipa/ppa/ubuntu
The server is a (fully updated) centos 6.5 box running ipa-server.x86_64
3.0.0-37.el6

The script mostly works on a stock install, but there is an error uploading
SSH keys, This appears to be called from the ipa-client-install script line
1436:

        result = api.Command['host_mod'](unicode(hostname),

Which generates the following output when run:

stderr=
Caught fault 901 from server https://ipa.[domain].com/ipa/xml: 2.58 client
incompatible with 2.49 server at u'https://ipa.[domain].com/ipa/xml'
host_mod: 2.58 client incompatible with 2.49 server at u'https://ipa.
[domain].com/ipa/xml'
Failed to upload host SSH public keys.

I understand that this is not a critical failure and that I can manually
upload the host keys if needed but the bit I don't understand is where the
version numbers come from.

How do I revert the api to version 2.49 to match the server?
What is best practice here, should I be using a different source for the
client install script?
Is there a copy of the correct client files stashed on the server somewhere?
Would anyone be interested in helping with development of a yum and apt
repo on the server to make all this easier?

--

Kind regards,

Will Sheldon