[Freeipa-users] Backup and Restoration of IPA Server

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:01:09 UTC 2013

I use the following to dump my LDAP databases:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA/db2ldif.pl -D "cn=directory manager"
-j /var/lib/dirsrv/scripts-YOUR-KERB-REALM/dmanager.credentials -n
ipaca -a /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA/bak/ipaca.`/bin/date
+%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.ldif
/var/lib/dirsrv/scripts-YOUR-KERB-REALM/db2ldif.pl -D "cn=directory
manager" -j /var/lib/dirsrv/scripts-YOUR-KERB-REALM/dmanager.credentials
-n userroot -a /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-YOUR-KERB-REALM/bak/userroot.`/bin/date
+%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.ldif

I have that in a script that's run by cron, followed up by a script to
delete old backups.  Netbackup takes care of backing up the systems.

dmanager.credentials just has the Directory Manager password in it in
plain test.  Not optimal, but it works.

--Jason

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Rajnesh Kumar Siwal
<rajnesh.siwal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Christian.
> I am still looking for some workaround till then.
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Christian Hernandez
> <christianh at 4over.com> wrote:
>> Looks like a "backup/restore" procedure is in the roadmap
>>
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Roadmap
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Christian Hernandez
>> 1225 Los Angeles Street
>> Glendale, CA 91204
>> Phone: 877-782-2737 ext. 4566
>> Fax: 818-265-3152
>> christianh at 4over.com <mailto:christianh at 4over.com>
>> www.4over.com <http://www.4over.com>
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Rajnesh Kumar Siwal
>> <rajnesh.siwal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does it means that we don't have any backup / restoration process as
>>> of now for IPA 2.2 ?
>>> I am really concerned about such a critical application.
>>>
>>> It would be greate if you could please specify the set of manual
>>> commands in case they can be used for Backup / Restoration purpose.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Rajnesh Kumar Siwal

> Regards,
> Rajnesh Kumar Siwal

The government is going to read our mail anyway, might as well make it
tough for them.  GPG Public key ID:  B6A1A7C6