[Freeipa-users] Upgrade to 3.1.2: web UI no longer works

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 17:47:27 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 03:52 PM, Thomas Sailer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded from F16 to F18 and thus freeipa v3.1.2.
>
> It basically works, on the command line. ipa user-show xxx works.
>
> The Web UI however no longer works. I get the login window with "Your
> session has expired. Please re-login.", no matter whether I use kerberos
> or password login.
>
> The httpd logs don't seem to be very informative.
> /var/cache/ipa/sessions/ is empty.
>
> Could someone point me to where I could find more information to debug
> this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

You can also look for unusual stuff on Web UI side.

Open Web Console in browser (in FF: 'Tools/Web Developer/Web Console',
in Chrome hit F12).

First check if there are some JavaScript errors. Then check
communication of authentication process - requests to
'ipa/session/login_password' and 'ipa/session/login_kerberos').

When password login fails, there should be filled http header named
X-IPA-Rejection-Reason.

If you manage to get session, check expiration of ipa_session cookie.
--
Petr Vobornik