[Freeipa-users] Upgrade to 3.1.2: web UI no longer works

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 19:09:37 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 01:40 PM, Thomas Sailer wrote:
> On 02/05/2013 06:32 PM, John Dennis wrote:
>> % ipactl status
> # ipactl status
> Directory Service: RUNNING
> krb5kdc Service: RUNNING
> kadmin Service: RUNNING
> named Service: RUNNING
> httpd Service: RUNNING
> pki-cad Service: RUNNING
> ipa: INFO: The ipactl command was successful
>
> Apparently, it isn't...
>
> I've started it using:
> # systemctl restart ipa_memcached.service
> # systemctl enable ipa_memcached.service
>
> But still, it's not listed with ipactl status (systemctl says it started
> successfully)
>
> Now I'm getting "IPA Error 903".
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

The fact ipactl does not know about ipa-memcache indicates something
went wrong with your upgrade, most likely related to ldap. We probably
want to look in /var/log/ipaupgrade.log to see if there were problems.

After manually starting ipa-memcached your log shows sessions are
working correctly, that's good. That also means the ipa code was
installed correctly, once again this points to an LDAP upgrade error,
not an RPM install error. (FWIW ipactl reads LDAP to learn what services
it has to run).

Also, thank you very much for attaching the log, it's *much* easier to
read :-)

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?