[Freeipa-users] ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Marcelo Carvalho joaquimdecarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:14:21 UTC 2013

Hi Folks.

Keeping on installing IPA server now on phase "Setting the NIS Port for
Identity Management," I am having "ldapmodify" returning me "ldap_bind:
Invalid credentials (49)" error.

I have used the two credentials I have set to the IPA server, admin and
root but not avail.

[root at ipaserver ~]# ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=directory manager' -W
Enter LDAP Password:                    <=== Used IPA admin passwd
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
[root at ipaserver201 ~]#

[root at ipaserver ~]# ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=directory manager' -W
Enter LDAP Password:                    <=== Used IPA root passwd
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
[root at ipaserver201 ~]#

I am out of options.  Have not set any other passwd on the installation
process.  What would be the expected passwd?

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Marcelo