[Freeipa-users] ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Arpit Tolani arpittolani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 16:57:58 UTC 2013

Hey

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Marcelo Carvalho <
joaquimdecarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> Keeping on installing IPA server now on phase "Setting the NIS Port for
> Identity Management," I am having "ldapmodify" returning me "ldap_bind:
> Invalid credentials (49)" error.
>
> I have used the two credentials I have set to the IPA server, admin and
> root but not avail.
>

> [root at ipaserver ~]# ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=directory manager' -W
> Enter LDAP Password:                    <=== Used IPA admin passwd
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
> [root at ipaserver201 ~]#
>

> [root at ipaserver ~]# ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=directory manager' -W
> Enter LDAP Password:                    <=== Used IPA root passwd
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
> [root at ipaserver201 ~]#
>
> When you install IPA server, It ask two password.

Certain directory server operations require an administrative user.
This user is referred to as the Directory Manager and has full access
to the Directory for system management tasks and will be added to the
instance of directory server created for IPA.
The password must be at least 8 characters long.

Directory Manager password:  <---- -First Password is for Directory Manager
Password (confirm):

The IPA server requires an administrative user, named 'admin'.
This user is a regular system account used for IPA server administration.

IPA admin password: <----- Second Password is for IPA admin
Password (confirm):

Try with second password, If you have missed it, Reset the password using.

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Installation_Guide/Installation_Guide-Common_Usage-Resetting_Passwords.html

> I am out of options.  Have not set any other passwd on the installation
> process.  What would be the expected passwd?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Marcelo

Regards