[Freeipa-users] Updating the WebUI user form

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 13:56:14 UTC 2013

On 06/24/2013 11:14 AM, Arturo Borrero wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've configured FreeIPA to add an objectClass to user when they are
> created (e.g. eduPerson).
>
> We are strongly using the eduPerson schema to store several attributes
> we need in our REN (research & education network...) environment.
> So, for us, Its mandatory that the WebUI forms are updated to show those
> eduPerson attributes (like eduPersonEntitlement). We want to use the
> WebUI rather than other tools like ApacheDirectoryStudio.
>
> Also, we want some default values for those eduPerson attributes.
>
> I'm wondering if it is possible, and how.
>
> I see the cn=ipaconfig,cn=etc subtree, but I think it has nothing to do
> with this.
>
> This is the docs references i'm using:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTos
> https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/index.html
>

> Best regards

Hello,

depends on FreeIPA version. Since version 3.2 there is much better Web
UI plugin support[1]. It's quite new so the documentation is rather poor
and WIP[2], but improving it is on my todo list. There are some examples
of plugins on devel-list[3].

The easiest way, prior to version 3.2, is probably editing the Web UI
source code located in /usr/share/ipa/ui. Use this method at your own risk.

One can add a user field by following these steps:
1. open user.js
2. find details facet fields array
3. add new item
   a. it can be a single string which matches the ldap attribute name
ie. 'cn'
   b. or an object with more information:
{
     name: 'ldap_attr_name',
     label: 'My label',
     tooltip: 'Help text',
     required: true
}

Adder dialog can be altered in similar fashion.

Default values are better handled in server plugins. Plugin creation is
described in extension guide[4].

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/WebUI_plugins
[2] http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/
[3] http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2013-April/msg00423.html