[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 3.1.5 User Guide published!

Dean Hunter deanhunter at comcast.net
Tue Jun 25 20:58:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 18:07 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The FreeIPA Team has published a User Guide for FreeIPA 3.1.x series introduced
> in Fedora 18:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/FreeIPA_Guide/index.html
>
> Big thanks to Deon Lackey who was the main contributor for this docs!
>
> On a side note, FreeIPA team is in process of re-considering and improving our
> user/development documentation and I am just curious - are FreeIPA users well
> aware of this documentation, do you use it frequently when you seek FreeIPA
> related information? Any ideas for improvements?
>
> Do you want to continue us to release this guide frequently with FreeIPA
> releases? For sake of future, we are also considering releasing this User Guide
> right during FreeIPA release, in a special subpackage (e.g. freeipa-docs).
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

I am also a big fan of up-to-date documentation.  I make it a priority
to research as much as I can before I start into something new.
Unfortunately, I do not always understand everything I read.  And
somethimes what I read is no longer accurate as I noted a couple of days
ago regarding section 14.4 of this document.