[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 3.1.5 User Guide published!

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 06:20:19 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 10:47 PM, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
> On 06/25/2013 03:10 PM, Andrew Tranquada wrote:
>> I am aware of the documentation and have found it invaluable so far, one
>> of the better documented projects out there.
>> Personally, I would love this guide released frequently and  really like
>> the idea of having the documentation in a sub package.
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>>

> Let me second that, not only does it create a more professional and
> accessible product but I believe documentation actually creates a better
> product overall as it can often force dev to think through things a
> little more than if it doesn't have to be documented.
>
> -Erinn

Hi guys, thanks! I am glad that the guide is useful for you.

Erinn, you are right - with new features, it is better to stop for a while,
think about the feature one is implementing and write it down both for oneself
but also for other developers. Note that since FreeIPA version 3 we started to
write design pages for new features:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3_Designs

This is more of a developer documentation. Therefore we are now starting to
contribute more to the Guide too which should look at the features more from a
user point of view.

Martin