[Freeipa-users] users account functionality

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue May 7 20:01:26 UTC 2013

On 05/03/2013 03:24 AM, Juan Armario wrote:
> Sorry for my english.
>
> My doubt is about the user's functions. For example when I want to do
> the login into the web site and I don't remember the pass. I click in
> a link, button... and I receive a mail with the instructions for reset
> the pass, or with a temporary pass that I must change...
>
> The others functions are when the user want to create a account, and
> fill in a form with name, surname... and the admin receive a mail and
> active the account. The same for delete the account.
>
> Exist something already implemented or have I to do it? Is not a
> problem for me do it, but it's better use something already tested and
> working.
>
> I hope now my doubt is more clear.

Sorry for delayed reply. Was away for couple days.
Yes. Now it is more clear.

Let me summarize:

1) Provide a self service password reset capability.

2) Provide a self service interface to reset forgotten password using
some kind of temporary code.

3) Provide a self service enrollment capability with admin approval and
notification workflow

4) Provide a self service account decommissioning with admin approval

None of these are implemented so I opened tickets on your behalf.
We would be glad if someone would pick it up however please start with
the design proposal and get it acked on the list because this area is
very security sensitive and we do not want to jeopardize the security
and integrity of the system.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal