[Freeipa-users] Installation issues with sub-ca.

Andrea Bontempi abontempi at dbmsrl.com
Thu Nov 7 12:39:21 UTC 2013

> -12195 is SSL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CA_ALERT in NSS.
>
>I wonder if the root chain you gave to the IPA installer was complete.
>
>rob

I work with PEM file format, in the sub-ca certificate there aren't chains (but isn't a problem if i use a self-generated CA).

(Moreover, the script has all the chain, the root certificate and the FreeIPA's certificate, so it's strange.)

I try to add the chain follow this rule: http://www.digicert.com/ssl-support/pem-ssl-creation.htm, but the script crash (does't seem to support this method)

I fear it's a problem of my CA, but i have no idea what goes wrong.

Thank you for all