[Freeipa-users] reboot required after ipa-client-install?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 22:41:31 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 12:59 PM, Dean Hunter wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 12:36 -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> I have tried:
>>>
>>>     ipa-client-install ...
>>>     systemctl restart gdm.service
>>>
>>> but the behavior remains the same. The Gnome log in screen accepts
>>> the user name, pauses about 25 seconds, then displays the log in
>>> screen again without any messages or indication of a problem. This
>>> is the same behavior I see when entering an incorrect local user
>>> name before configuring IPA.

>> Can it be a DIR cache issue and the fact that the directory can't is
>> not created at proper time?
>
> Which directory, please?

If you are hitting the DIR cache issue (which I am not sure is the case
this is why I asked about AVCs) then the directory we are talking about
is /var/run/usr/<uid>
This directory should be created by kerberos library when it tries to
authenticate a user. But it might not be able to since a parent
directory /var/run/usr might not be created yet. This is one of the
reasons why we decided not to continue the path of DIR cache but
switched to using Kernel based ccache.

>> Do you see any AVCs?

Question still stands.

>> --
>> Thank you,
>> Dmitri Pal
>>
>> Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
>> Red Hat Inc.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.