[Freeipa-users] reboot required after ipa-client-install?

Dean Hunter deanhunter at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 23:20:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 17:41 -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:

> On 11/07/2013 12:59 PM, Dean Hunter wrote:

> > > Can it be a DIR cache issue and the fact that the directory can't
> > > is not created at proper time?
> >

> > Which directory, please?
>

> If you are hitting the DIR cache issue (which I am not sure is the
> case this is why I asked about AVCs) then the directory we are talking
> about is /var/run/usr/<uid>
> This directory should be created by kerberos library when it tries to
> authenticate a user. But it might not be able to since a parent
> directory /var/run/usr might not be created yet. This is one of the
> reasons why we decided not to continue the path of DIR cache but
> switched to using Kernel based ccache.
>

> > > Do you see any AVCs?
>

> Question still stands.

I see no AVCs:

        [root at ipa ~]# ausearch --message AVC
        <no matches>
        [root at ipa ~]#

I did find this in the man page for nsswitch.conf:

        FILES
               A service named SERVICE is implemented by a shared object
        library named
               libnss_SERVICE.so.X that resides in /lib.

                   /etc/nsswitch.conf       NSS configuration file.
                   /lib/libnss_compat.so.X  implements "compat" source.
                   /lib/libnss_db.so.X      implements "db" source.
                   /lib/libnss_dns.so.X     implements "dns" source.
                   /lib/libnss_files.so.X   implements "files" source.
                   /lib/libnss_hesiod.so.X  implements "hesiod" source.
                   /lib/libnss_nis.so.X     implements "nis" source.
                   /lib/libnss_nisplus.so.X implements "nisplus" source.

        NOTES
               Within each process that uses nsswitch.conf, the entire
        file  is  read
               only  once.   If  the  file is later changed, the process
        will continue
               using the old configuration.

Is this why the default configuration of nsswitch.conf is changing in
Fedora 20, as noted on of the preceeding e-mails?