[Freeipa-users] Replica of a Replica and Master Recovery

Trevor T Kates (Services - 6) trevor.t.kates at dom.com
Fri Sep 20 19:20:34 UTC 2013

-snip-

> I think some clarification is needed. Every server in IPA is a master,
> on equal footing with the exception of some optional services like the
> CA and DNS. The initial CA is also responsible for CRL generation and
> distributing renewed certificates, but those can be moved.
>
> I think we need to know what state the machine is in an how it got
> there. What does reimaging mean in this case?

Thanks for responding and sorry for the ambiguity.

This was the order of events:

kickstart -> ipa as ipa.testdomain.com
kickstart -> ipa00 as ipa00.testdomain.com
ipa-server-install with CA and DNS
ipa-replica-prepare ipa00.testdomain.com
ipa-replica-install ipa00 with CA and DNS
on ipa: copy /root/cacert.p12 to ipa00
on ipa00: ipa-replica-manage del ipa.testdomain.com
kickstart -> ipa as ipa04.testdomain.com
on ipa00: ipa-replica-prepare ipa04.testdomain.com
on ipa04: ipa-replica-install with CA and DNS
CA error and replica install fails

Let me know if I need to provide better information and thank you very much for the help!

> rob

-snip-

Trevor T. Kates
in error, and delete it.  Thank you.