[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA Master Slave Setup Client Configuration

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 08:22:07 UTC 2013

On 09/27/2013 06:45 AM, Mohan Cheema wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have setup FreeIPA within our environment the setup is master slave. We want
> to know how we can configure clients to look to slave incase master server is
> no available to authenticate the user.
>
> Regards,
>
> **
>
> *Mohan Cheema*

FreeIPA replicas are master-master replicas by default. Can you please
elaborate how did you create the slave server?

About client configuration - can you use autodiscovery with DNS SRV records?
(the same as IPA uses for autodiscovery). You would just need to create DNS SRV
records for your slave server, with priority lower than the priority of master
server. Client should then look at the slave only if the master is not available.

HTH,
Martin