[Freeipa-users] Force IPA to accept password?

Innes, Duncan Duncan.Innes at virginmoney.com
Fri Sep 27 09:03:15 UTC 2013

OK - this is opening my eyes somewhat.  I know about the password policy
section of IPA, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to control the
quality of the password.  Is this done by PAM on the server?  If it's
not,
how do I enforce things like ensuring at least 1 upper case, 1 lower
case,
1 number and 1 special character?  I don't see that in the docs.

Would like to be able to ensure that the minimum password policy is
centralised
rather than perhaps having an erroneous strict policy on a few machines.

Thanks

Duncan

This message has been checked for viruses and spam by the Virgin Money email scanning system powered by Messagelabs.

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you receive a copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this message.

Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company no. 6952311). Registered office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Virgin Money plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

The following companies also trade as Virgin Money. They are both authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, are registered in England and Wales and have their registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ: Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited (Company no. 3072766) and Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Limited (Company no. 3000482).

For further details of Virgin Money group companies please visit our website at virginmoney.com